We’ve stripped away all the glitz and glamour of the original Palisades, leaving only the bare essentials required for a rippin’ mid-boosting transparent overdrive. It has all the great tone of the grown-up Palisades but with a simplified interface and a smaller footprint!
The Dunes features the same Gain, Tone and Level controls as the Palisades, along with our favorite voice and bandwidth settings, as well as the Normal/Bright toggle. The selectable clipping Voices are: MOSFET for a tight crunchy sound (Palisades’ Setting 3); Silicon Asymmetrical clipping for tighter light gain OD closest to the classic 808 sound (Palisades’ Setting 4), and None, which goes from clean boost to gritty, pure op-amp distortion with a massive volume boost (Palisades’ Setting 1). The two Bandwidth settings are Stock for the classic tone (Palisades’ Setting 3) and Full Range for more low end (Palisades’ Setting 5).
1. Tone: Brighter clockwise, warmer counterclockwise
2. Voice: MF- MOSFET diode clipping, N- No diode clipping, Si- Silicon diode clipping
3. Gain: Adjusts the drive, dirtier clockwise, cleaner counterclockwise
4. Normal/Bright: Normal is a warm full tone, Bright is livelier tone with more chime
5. Volume: Sets the output level
6. Bandwidth: Left is brighter with more emphasis on the mids, right is full range for more low end