Nothing beats a classic maple snare for cutting tracks in the studio or miking up at the local venue. The TAMA Soundworks Maple 12" snare drum boasts an impressive tuning range with soul and expression at every turn. Whether you're cranking up for a funk tune or tuning down for a slow number, the TAMA Soundworks Maple snare will impress with its dry, responsive attack — especially under the scrutiny of close mics. Precise rounded-outer bearing edges, an included Evans G1 batter head, and a set of TAMA Sound Arc hoops make it fast and easy to dial in a wide range of workable tones right out of the box.
- Boasts a wide range of expressive tones
- Great for close-miking onstage or in the studio
- Built from six thin plies of carefully selected maple
- 5mm shell is open and controlled
- 2.3mm Sound Arc steel hoops (6-lug) complement the natural tone of the shell
- Ships with an Evans G1 coated batter head with a warm, familiar response
- Size (depth x diameter): 5.5" x 12"