VYPYR® X2 Guitar Modeling Amp
Peavey Electronics introduced the original VYPYR guitar amplifier in 2008. This game changing amplifier launched many industry firsts, such as first guitar amplifier to have on-board USB, stompbox presets, looper, 5 effect simultaneous operation, and TransTube®, Peavey's revolutionary analog/digital hybrid technology. In 2012 Peavey raised the bar again with the VYPYR VIP, the world's first Variable Instrument Performance amp. This was the first amplifier designed for use with electric, bass, and acoustic guitar. Additionally, Peavey was the first company to introduce instrument models to an already feature-packed amplifier.
Now continuing the tradition of innovation and excellence, Peavey launches the VYPYR X modeling amplifier. This latest evolution of the groundbreaking VYPYR series features updated styling, superior cabinet design for premier acoustic performance, and improved TransTube® technology. The new VYPYR X2 also features Bluetooth® remote control and audio streaming in. Now users can stream backing tracks into the amplifier and control all settings via iOS remote app control.
Each VYPYR X is equipped with Peavey's exclusive TransTube® technology. This true analog distortion not only sounds better, it leaves the amplifier's processing power dedicated to the effects, allowing the VYPYR X to run up to 5 effects simultaneously. When playing live nothing "cuts through the mix" like a VYPYR. Many modeling amps simply can't be heard in a live setting because of their poor digital distortion and practice amp EQ. TransTube® technology is designed analog to emulate real tubes, and sits perfectly in the mix in a live environment.
Variable Instrument Input
Thanks to our revolutionary cabinet design and world class processing, users can switch from electric guitar to bass or acoustic on the same amplifier. One amp for all of your performance needs.
Make your electric sound like an acoustic or bass guitar, or on the VYPYR X2 up to 10 different instrument models.
Bluetooth® VYPYR® X Control
Control your VYPYR X2 remotely with on-board Bluetooth wireless remote control via Peavey's exclusive VYPYR control app for iOS devices. Now change and store all your favorite presets remotely. Stream audio in, play to your favorite backing tracks, or just sit back and enjoy streaming your favorite music.
Another Peavey original, the WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) interface allows users to identify the position of the knobs with a glance at the amp. When a modeling amp changes presets the settings on the knobs change with it; however, on most amps the position of the knob no longer corresponds with the actual setting.
This can cause confusion and mistakes that result in random, unwanted outcomes. With the VYPYR, the LEDs around the knob always indicate what position it is in relative to the current preset. Simply a better solution.
- 40 Watts RMS
- Variable instrument input
- Lightweight and portable
- 10 instrument models
- Universal delay and reverb
- Headphone jack
- Analog TransTube® distortion
- 12" custom-voiced heavy-duty speaker
- 16 user assignable presets
- iOS app available
- 12 amp accessible stompbox effects with dual parameter control
- On-board looper with optional Sanpera™ footswitch
- Optional Sanpera™ footswitch
- Custom cabinet design for enhanced low-end response
- Semi-open back design for enhanced volume and tone
- 3.5mm aux in for connecting external audio sources
- 36 on-board amp models including 6 acoustic and 6 bass amp models
- 26 total on-board amp accessible effects
- Bluetooth wireless remote control and audio streaming in
- Weight Unpacked: 28 lb (12.7 kg)
- Weight Packed: 30.42 lb (13.8 kg)
- Width Packed: 18.3"(46.48 cm)
- Height Packed: 10.63"(27 cm)
- Depth Packed: 22"(55.88 cm)